Monday, July 14, 2014

2 friends

  
"We were on top of the world back when I was in 12th grade, 
My 59 VW Bus, 
My 69 CL450, 
my best friend with his 69 Yamaha AT1 125...
We were planning a 3,000 mile cross country trip to California upon graduation. 
Never happened. 

A couple of years ago when my best friend retired from teaching, 
I thought, maybe we should do it now, 40 years after our original date of departure.

(40 years later)

Well, we passed on the California trip the second time around, 
instead we drove the bikes around town doing the speed limit like two old guys...
not even one wheelie!" (Perry Ritter)


 
  


words & pics via the JAPANESE VINTAGE BIKE CLUB fb page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art by Lennard Schuurmans

Art by Lennard Schuurmans
Click it for LennardSchuurmans.com ...or just visit his blogspot: bubblevisor.blogspot.com